Sunset over Cabo Frio (the Cold Cape), Brazil

Sunset over Cabo Frio (the Cold Cape), Brazil
where the warm north Altantic meets the cold south Atlantic. picture (c) phil marks 2009

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Music

This is a good area in which to raise the issue of whether you are looking for someone who has similar tastes in food, wine, music, and so on. I’ve been lucky in that through meeting people on dating sites I’ve been introduced to the music of Mali and reminded of Punk – a whole genre which passed me by, but which I have now got in to.
I’ve also been given guitar lessons - we had plenty of time on a long voyage.

However, if someone lists only Classical Music under the heading, then that would raise a question with me.  I’ve enjoyed the company of a couple of professional classical musicians and they both have wide musical tastes.

So, don’t cross someone off the list because she/he has ‘Punk’ as a musical taste ( or because they belong to the Tammy Wynnette Fan Club), unless it’s the only one they do list! Broaden your mind and experience.

That's one of the great things about meeting people this way, there are always new things to learn and new experiences to be had.

But you do need to think about whether you want to spend a lot of time with the other person, or whether you would be happiest 'tinkering in the shed'....

No comments:

Post a Comment